Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Stephen Blackehart Is Boring(?)

So I was just reading a shit-storm of comments about an email exchange that director James Gunn had with some dull lady in a studio office regarding the title of a song he worked on called "That Gay Fucking Cat."  Anyway, homosexual felines are beside the point (and to be fair, all cats are gay), in this shit-storm of comments someone or another accused James of stealing an idea he had for a Humanzee from the wrong source.  This lead to James explaining he'd been fascinated by the idea of the human since hearing about it from his friend, actor Stephen Blackehart.


This is where the story gets interesting, (that's right people flame-baiting director James Gunn, gay cats, and humanzees aren't where the interesting starts) because it turns out that Stephen Blackehart is boring.  I'm not sure why that strikes me as funny, but I suppose it's because I've seen Stephen in exactly one movie, Tromeo and Juliet, and since he's such a handsome fellow I just assumed that he'd be a really interesting and engaging guy.   Who knows, maybe he is and James is just fucking with him in that blog post.*  Either way, it's not something you'd expect to hear considering Stephen might be the son of Marlon Brando...or not, this is a little fuzzy.

So yeah, that's a funny story that I wanted to share, about an actor that I doubt any of my audience (all three of you, hi mom!) will have heard of.  Anyway, it's kind of a weird way to kick off the blog, but it's what was on my mind this morning, so I guess that's that.  Cheers.


*James Gunn has stated in an interview that Michael Rooker likes to eat poop, so the precedent is there.

3 comments:

  1. Ian, you are blithe and witty and just funny as shite - all because you are so incisively spot-on. Even though I've never heard of James Gunn or Stephen Blackehart, they've now been added to my list of fun things to learn more about. After, that is, I'm sure that I'm up-to-date with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, ma'am. Hopefully I can produce something, at some point, that is worthy of your high esteem. :-)

      Also, James Gunn is amazingly hilarious. He makes some really fun and quirky films and his interviews alone are entertaining as hell.

      Delete